The Original Stone Manor sat majestically amid the estate grounds for many years, dating back to the Doomsday Book. Sadly this magnificent building was destroyed by fire. In 1926, James Culcheth Hill rebuilt Stone Manor as his private dwelling with many of the timber structures being re-sited from the last "Fighting Man of War" to go in to battle under sail. H.M.S ARETHUSA, was built in 1849 at a cost of £97,000, a sum that would probably equate to around £5,000,000 today.
In the late 1960's Stone Manor became a private members club. Becoming the first premises to have a swimming pool in the borough brought with it many opportunities.
In June 1970 Stone Manor became a Hotel open to the public to enjoy its gardens, tennis court, swimming pool and restaurant. In the mid 1980's building work began extending the premises to what it is today.